||Out of stock
Host Rob Crandall and friends show you how to go deep for winter steelhead, demonstrating the spey tactics and gear required to be successful with the swung fly in cold water. The video includes the details on fishing a Skagit line, sink tip, and spey flies in a variety of water types and conditions.
Rob has worked Northwest rivers for 25 years and is joined by two legendary guides, Dean Finnerty and Marty Sheppard. They will help you understand the details that make a big difference in your presentation.
- The importance of a consistent and methodical presentation
- Selecting the proper sink-tip and fly for conditions
- How to achieve depth early in the swing
- Keeping an even swing speed with the sunk fly
- Gaining depth with step-down and line-slip tactics
- Reading holding water and changing flows
- Spey fishing shallow and deep runs in cold water
- Specifics on sink-tips, leaders, flies, and rigging Casting sink tips
“I wanted to do this DVD because I see so many anglers show up to fish on guided trips for winter steelhead trying to use summer steelhead strategies. The reality is that when the water is cold you’re not catching fish unless you are getting your fly in the zone. This DVD gives anglers the tools they need to be successful during the cold water time of year.
Sure anglers luck into steelhead swinging flies during the winter- but using standard cast, swing, step approaches like you do in summer will only yield marginal results. By learning the details of how to manage the swing and achieve the “hover” of the fly anglers can more consistently find cold water Steelhead.
I recommend this DVD to any angler who is just starting spey fishing for steelhead for those who have tried and perhaps lost hope and for the more advanced angler to round out your winter steelhead arsenal.”