||Out of stock
These reels are machined to perfection. We like to call them the Ferrari of the fly reel world. With lots of sizes to choose from its easy to find the perfect combination for your rod. All models have a sealed cassette multi-disc stack drag system that is comprised of Rulon® and laser-cut stainless steel discs.
- MACHINED FINISH Hatch doesn't polish their reels. No buff outs or cover-ups. You can see the witness marks and quality machining. Its more difficult, and takes more time, but it’s worth it.
- FRAME/SPOOL CONNECTION Making a positive frame-to-spool connection is essential. Their “power flower” design feature locks both together creating a bomb-proof fit.
- MACHINED REEL SEAT A solid is always stronger than two pieces attached together, and by eliminating the screws you’ve eliminated the corrosion points.
- CRANKS & COUNTERBALANCE Unlike many manufacturers whose counterbalance is merely cosmetic, Hatch has made the two pieces the same weight to achieve true balance in the spool.
- DIMENSION IN THE FRAME Increased rigidity, strength, and reduced lateral flex. With the reel and spool together you get virtually no lateral flex when you push/pull the two. This means the reel tracks truer and it eliminates the spool wobbling in high-speed runs.
- HOOK GUARD Keep those hooks tucked into the arbor of the reel and out of the way of your hands.
- SPOOL TENSION NUT Easily taken on and off, with or without full gloves. The nut is press-fit into the spool so it won’t fall out into the water or your gear bag.
- DRAG A multi-disc drag cassette is employed in all models, comprised of Rulon® and precision stamped stainless steel discs. With multi-disc drag, you are applying braking pressure and heat dispersion over several surfaces. This virtually eliminates start up inertia and stick slip problems.
You deserve a Hatch reel, don't you?
1 PLUS- Fishing with 0–2 weight rods requires a delicate balance between rod and reel in order to create harmonious bliss. Achieving this critical ratio makes the 1 Plus a must-have for any serious creeky angler
2 PLUS- Combining the light weight of the 1 Plus with drag power similar to the 3 Plus, the 2 Plus creates the ultimate dry fl y trout reel for 2- to 3-weight rods. We’ve also used it on ultra light 4-weight rods with great success.
3 PLUS- This is the perfect reel to accompany your favorite 4-weight dry fl y rod, or you can rig it with WF5F on the mid arbor spool for a lightweight 5-weight alternative. Whatever you choose, you can’t go wrong with the 3 Plus.
4 PLUS- The perfect western trout fishing reel, the 4 Plus is capable of running 4-, 5-, and 6-weight lines with ease. If you can only buy one reel to use for both dry and nymph fishing then this is the one.
5 PLUS- When the fi sh get a little bigger and harder to handle, this is the perfect reel—whether streamer fishing or hucking big drys at 20" plus fi sh. It also serves double duty as a lightweight 6- or 7-weight setup for stalking bones on the flats.
7 PLUS- If you were stranded on a desert island and had only one reel to bring it should be the 7 Plus. It’s the perfect crossover reel for both salt and fresh water fly fishing. From bonefish to permit or steelhead to carp, this reel has you covered.
9 PLUS- Capable of running 9–11 weight lines and your choice of mid or large arbor spools, this reel is one versatile hombre. If you are truly serious about saltwater or spey fishing then this is your next reel.
11 PLUS- We had one thing in mind when we designed this reel: Tarpon. Bridging the gap between the 9 and 12 Plus models, an oversized handle provides greater grip control and the mid arbor option is great for spey rods from 13.5–14.5 feet.
12 PLUS- Designed for fi sh that are notorious for being really hard to handle—GTs or tuna, just to name a few. You will not find a better fish fighting tool on the market for these situations and it’s also great for big spey applications.